Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Is There Such a Thing as Less Than Sporadic?

 My few minutes of fame, well, really not quite fame, happened this morning when Akashic Books published my piece of flash fiction, "Walk Away?" in the Terrible Twosdays section of their website. I immediately called, sent texts, or emailed several people. Several friends have responded to those or to the Facebook post.

When I visited the website myself, for about the umpteenth time, (it really is heady seeing my name and work out there) I actually read the bio and realized that it gives this blog address. Although it said I posted sporadically, when I looked over the blog I realized that might be an understatement. The blog has been almost completely neglected recently,

It wasn't my intent to be so lackadaisical about the blog, but apparently I have been. Sometimes I just forgot that I hadn't posted. At other times I was really busy. More often that not it was doubtful that you really wanted to read about my adventures in installing wall-hung lamps, doing the laundry, or other similar exciting household chores. In other words, I'm still a bit unsure where this blog thing is going or what I have to write about.

So this is my heartfelt apology, especially to those who might be new to me, that we sent you here and you found little. Thank you so much for taking the time to read "Walk Away?" and for being interested enough to see what else I might have written. If you come back later, I'll try to have something more than an excuse, but then again, I might still be resting on my laurels,

No comments:

Post a Comment